Billboards Blown Over

hello frank

i had seen in the news recently that a few billboards had blown over due to high winds. can the billboard owner rebuild the billboard signs or does he have to go through municipal review again?

thanks

I would think it depends on both your state and local regulations, especially for non-conforming billboards. And how much of a hawk the local zoning or state DOT people are. In my area, if a state non-conforming billboard is destroyed to a certain extent, it technically cannot be rebuilt no matter what. However, I’ve seen the major billboard companies locally have a non-conforming wooden structure be reduced to a pile of splinters from a tree falling on it one night, and have it completely rebuilt (illegally) by noon the next day without the zoning or DOT folks catching wind of it.

Dear Sir,
My name is wally, from Shenzhen ONLY LED

We professional manufacture outdoor Full color LED displays.

Our Product’s Features:

1. Power saving: saving at least 45% power.
  2. Light weight :50% less weight--------Example: P15 less than 32kg/sqm & others: 50-70kg/sqm.This feature makes air transportation of our products possible.Can meet your urgent needs.
    3.High refresh rate and High brightness: 6,000Hertz, 9000 to 13,000Nits.No flash on Digital camera,Ensure you of a smooth picture.
    4.Patented cabinet and material:–industrial plastic material with aluminum cover.
    characteristics: (1)UV resistance (2) weather resistance(3) Tensile Resistance (4).Acid and alkali resistance.
    5.Uniform size and ultra-Slim cabinet: all pitch with same cabinet:480mm*480mm and cabinet thickness:85mm without handle.
    6.Easy installation and maintenance .No need to hire a heavy machine,only a few people will handle the installation.
    7.Good waterproof grade: IP65.No need of airconditioner.
    9.Control system costs is extremely low: Donn’t need one card for one cabinet.Other manufacturers will require you to buy one card for one cabinet.
    10.For the most popular P20 LED screen, we offer from stock—Delivery within 7 days.
    11.Smart Fan: When the temperature inside the cabinet exceed 35 degree the fan will turn on automatically.This will reduce much noise, and extend the life span of fan.
    We look forward to receiving your enquires soon
    ISA International Sign EXPO 2011-in Las Vegas,NV, U.S during 27-30 April 2011, our booth no is: 5428-5429

Best regards.
wally xiang
Shenzhen Only Optoelectronic Technology Co., Ltd

E-mail: ledsign@yahoo.cn