What can be done to prevent flex material on unipole getting torn

Hi, Does anybody know what can be done to prevent flex material install on unipole from getting torn due to effect of weather.

When I post a flex material on unipole, impact of weather gets it torn the following week. Pls help.

Maybe you can try a lighter vinyl. If you are using 13oz, go to an 8oz. Also, depends on your finishing (grommets or pockets).
Becky

There are a couple things you can do. If you are using metal or wood panel, you can cap the top and bottome with PVC edg molding. It installs in less than 10 minutes and will stop tears top and bottom. It is sold at Formetco where I work. jockg@formetco.com.

If you are using a frame system without panels there are also a few things you can check to avoid damage to the vinyl. Call me at 800-FORMETCO and I can walk you through it.

Jock Gibb

Great posts, everybody. I would add that you want to make sure that the installer is not ratcheting it too tight. If the faces are bowing due to the pressure, then that may be adding to the problem. We had a similar problem once, and when we investigated it, the installer was putting probably 25% too much pressure on the vinyl. He was so obsessed with it being wrinkle-free that he was making it too tight.