How does the process work?

Hello all,

I am currently a senior in high school and hope to have a future in entrepreneurship and thought that billboards would be one of the easier ways to start my business ventures. I am just wondering as to generally how the process goes, what permits would I first need and what all efforts go into the construction of it.

Also, I would like to know what would be the best way to get into this area just coming out of high school? Should I go for a loan or an investor that I would eventually pay back? I’m just not sure how I should begin? How did you all start?

Lastly, I’m just wondering if getting a loan in the economy like it is now even plausible? Or are the chances that it wouldn’t happen and I shouldn’t even bother?

Thanks for all your help!

I started my billboard career straight out of college, so I know where you’re coming from. My weapon on capital was drawing down credit cards. As a high schooler, you don’t have that weapon. So you would need to find a capital source (a relative?). Bank lending is very difficult, and will be impossible if you are a teenager, so again you would need to stick with low-cost wooden billboards, or get a relative to co-sign the loans.

As far as how to do it, that would require about 400 pages of this forum (that’s how long my course is), but you might buy my original book “Big Bucks from Big Signs” and that should give you a roadmap.