Insurance and electricity cost

Hi Dave, Frank,

I am finalizing a deal with a landlord to build a 10 by 20, 2 face, back-to-back, 20 ft tall, steel, monopole poster billboard. For my estimates, I tried to get the electricity cost for two, 400 watts each, holophane lights per month (one on each side) and also the insurance cost for 500,000 per person, 1,000,000 per occurrence liability insurance but haven’t been able to get this info… could you please reply with what you think are the ballpark numbers?
Also please let me know if there is any insurance company who you would like to recommend …

Thanks
Ravi

To get the electricity rate with great accurancy, call the power provider for that area and get their estimate of burning

Frank,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to get this info from agents and electricity provider and will post it here once I get it. In the mean time I was told by a billboard manufacturer that the insurance for such structure will cost about $50 a month and electricity for 2 light bulbs would cost about $100 per month…
I was just wondering if you would agree with these numbers or is he off by a lot…
My energy cost calculation for such bulbs based on online calculators comes out to be $40 at the most including delivery charges… am I missing something… hope you can shed some light on this…
thanks

Ravi