Paralysis by Analysis

First off, a sincere THANK YOU to Mr. Rolfe for your web site and all of the great content. I purchased the book last week, and I am so excited to get started!

My goal is to build up a number of billboards to generate positive monthly cash flow.

With that said, I have found 2 old wooden billboards along a major highway in North Texas. Both signs are on the same property, need some work, and are NOT registered in the state database as being licensed. I have located the property owner and now I am not sure where to begin.

I obviously need to find out who owns the signs and if they are interested in selling them. I also know I need to secure a land lease for the signs.

My questions really come down to what to do with existing non-licensed or registered signs? Do I still need to have a permit with the city since the signs are all ready built?

I am confused on what to do first.
I do not want to jump into something without knowing the proper process, but at the same time I do not want to miss an opportunity or never even get started because of analysis paralysis, which I have had with other opportunities in the past.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Again, thanks to everyone for the great resource and the contributions to this site!
Jake

We are taking offers for purchase of our property.
It has two boards on it. A 10x22 and a junior board.
It has permits held by Fairway outdoor HOWEVER there are no current lessees in effect and can be negotiated by a new owner! -In March we issued them a letter stating the leases will not be renewed.-

The address is:
11304 US-221
Woodruff, SC 29388
Tax map #4-32-00-050.01

Send your Letter of intent to purchase to Christopher@capitalmatters.us

May I ask how you handled this and was it successful? Hudson