Acquiring Billboard through tax lien foreclosure

Frank,
Great website and information! I hold a tax lien in AZ on a parcel that has a billboard along I-10 in the southern of Phoenix suburbs.

Bought your Ground Lease e-book as preparation in case I end up with the parcel through the tax lien foreclosure. I have reading the past forum questions and just found the answer to my question, but I want to confirm with you;

A tax lien or tax deed sale negates any previous landowner lease for a billboard?

Your answer in a January 2012 post: (remember that at foreclosures and tax sales, all leases are negated)

Are there ever any exceptions that you know of?

Jerry

You’d have to consult a licensed attorney in that state for the correct answer, but here’s my basic knowledge of what happens in a “default” situation like a foreclosure or tax auction. Effectively, the only people bound by a lease are the person who signed it or any successive owners or heirs. But what’s not covered are those “upstream” of the signer – the people who really grant the signer the right to sign the lease through giving them a mortgage or a paid-for tax right. If he defaults in his obligations with these, they can cancel the lease because they never agreed to it, and cannot be legally bound to anything they did not agree to (remember that a future buyer, for example, agrees to the lease when they buy the property, whereas the lender has never seen the lease before foreclosure and never agreed to it). But the truth of the matter is that the landowner doesn’t want to lose the sign income, and the sign owner does not want to lose the sign income, and in 90% of the cases the sign is grandfathered, so all parties work towards the common goal and a new lease is established. Bear in mind that it costs about $25,000 minimum just to go to court, so nobody wants to, and always negotiates a happy solution in the end. That’s one benefit of the dysfunctional American legal system.

A legal claim by a government entity against a noncompliant taxpayer’s assets. Tax lien may be imposed for delinquent taxes owed on real property or personal property, or as a result of failure to pay income taxes or other taxes. Home tax liens are significant, as they can cost an individual their home. The liens, which are a somewhat popular investment vehicle, can end up with people being foreclosed on and evicted from their home for as little as a few hundred dollars. Why in no way achieve your own favour in addition to please take a look into in https://personalmoneynetwork.com/?