Building Wraps

Dear Outdoor Advertising Professionals:

I work for a landlord who owns over 100 buildings on Wilshire Blvd, the most popular and commercialized zone in LA.
We’re interested in utilizing our properties for outdoor advertising business –specifically, building wraps- although the city of LA is trying to impose more limits and regulations on outdoor advertising.
I was wondering if we should work with advertising agencies to get started or if we have to get permits and licenses on our own first to use the property as a medium.
I’d truly appreciate if I can get some advices from you on this.

Thank you,

Jini Cho

The City of Los Angeles is in the middle of overhauling the sign ordinance regarding wraps or wallscapes. You definitely need to be sure you have legal locations before you pursue ad agencies, or you may be wasting your time. The new ordinance is pretty tough – however, it does allow certain “advertising zones”. I would focus on understanding it before spending time hitting agencies.

Thank you for your comment. I just recevied a memo from LA Dept of Building & Safety stating that the City has a temporary moratorium on outdoor billboard/supergraphic and there will be no issuance of building permit pertaining to these type of signs at this moment.

Hi Jini Cho,

Please give me a call to discuss this opportunity.
786 319 3999
Thanks you