I need some advice please

I am trying to get into the business of advertising, specifically billboards are the main interests of mine. I have some prime propety on an interstate that I want to erect some billboard structures, and I’m looking for some good advice as to what direction I should go for the next step. Can somebody give me some feedback on what kind of redtape I might need to go through or other specifics I need to figure out to get the ball rolling on this idea. It would be much appreciated.

Your first job is to see if it is legal to put a billboard on that property. You need to check with your city and/or State Dept. of Transportation to see if it meets the correct zoning, spacing, etc.

thanks your awesome this is just what I needed

If step #1 that Frank gave you is successful then step #2 I recommend you buy one of Frank’s books from this site. Either book will give you a solid foundation and guide to help you move forward.

Patos,

Can I ask you a question? What dimensions did you use for your wooden billboard that you have built? Can I ask you about how much it cost you?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark, sure thing. The billboard is a double stacked v-shape w\ 4 faces , 9 1\2’ X 24’s. I would have built the faces 12’ x 24’s but the zoning requirements were so that the ground to first sign had to be 8’ + 9’ 1\2 face + 9’ 1\2 face + 8’ in the ground = 35’ of utility pole. If I knew then what I know now I would have looked into a pre-fab’d steel section for the faces from like Formetco and could have probably made the 12’ x 24’ work w\ 35’ utility poles. The zoning limited faces to no more than 300 sq feet and the 12’ x 24’s would have been fine but I was maxed out on length on the utility pole to make it a 12x24. The company I had do the first build was local and had just completed the same structure for another gentleman in the same town about 2 months before, so I went with them. I purchased my lights from Formetco and the remaining materials were purchased locally and installed for 7,500K, which included 8 new salt treated utility poles set, plywood faces, mounting the lights, wiring, fasteners etc.

Awesome! Thank you for a detailed response!

Hi, all the followers above propose great suggestions. Here I wanna mention a little about LED display billboard. If you have any venue with high flow of passengers, you can consider to install a LED display billboard, for large ads containing, high brightness, great attractiveness, and easy operation. The most important is it will bring you much more revenue than the traditional billboard. The disadvantage is more invest than the traditional billboard.

Hope the above is helpful.

LED display manufacturer