anyone know of an insurance company that can understand and write general liability for a small outdoor operator? Agents keep stumbling over the fact that my locations are NOT my place of business… need insurance to build my structures…

There are some insurance companies listed on Additionally, you can call the existing billboard companies in your market and ask them who they use – they probably all use the same agent(s). If they won’t talk to you, call the guys who build and service premise signs in your market – those require the same liability insurance and they would have no competitive concerns whatsoever.

I’m insured with Penn National Insurance.

They market in AL, DE, MD, NJ, NC, PA, SC, TN, and VA.